Sunday, December 9, 2012

Gestational Diabetes Diet Plan - What Kind Of Diet Plan Should Be Followed And How Rigid Is It?

Keeping the right amount of carbohydrates, proteins and fats keeps the blood sugar level within the normal range that is necessary in gestational diabetes. One serving of carbohydrate food contains about 12 grams of carbohydrate that is necessary to cure gestational diabetes. Vegetables contain only 5grams of carbohydrates per serving.

I heard that some people with gestational diabetes could control their blood sugar level with diet alone. So, I preferred smaller meals rather than the big three meals for the day, to cure gestational diabetes. I avoided sugar beverages and sugar-laden foods like honey, jams, and jellies. They aggravate symptoms of gestational diabetes.

Pregnancy is the best time to gauge on food that one craves the most. High fiber foods control weight and help in regular bowel movements. Fresh fruits, beans and cereals are such types of foods. I had them when I was hungry between the meals.

Gestational Diabetes Diet Plan:

This menu helped me to fight against gestational diabetes:

1. ½ plate non-starchy vegetables (salad, broccoli)

2. ¼ plate protein (meat, fish)

3. ¼ plate grains (rice, pasta, bread)

4. 8 oz of milk

5. A fruit

" Breakfast: Add one egg on a muffin with melted cheese, light juice with light yogurt.

" Lunch: A sandwich with meat, cheese with two pieces of bread, many fruits and vegetables (carrots, apples)

" Dinner: One cup of pasta or a small potato, one protein (chicken, salad and many vegetables

" Dessert: Ice-cream serving is about 1 serving of carbohydrate

" Snacks: Mixed nuts, fruits, cheese

Even after such meticulous planning to cure gestational diabetes, the doctor one day came up to me and said that I need to begin taking insulin, to help the body against gestational diabetes. I thought that I had failed somehow against gestational diabetes. However, the doctor assured me that diet and exercise work great, but sometimes it may not be enough to cure gestational diabetes.

I always had a daily chart that kept tracks of the number of calories eaten at the time of gestational diabetes. Most pregnant women need to take in about 300 calories a day to gain enough weight. This is important for the overall health of a woman with gestational diabetes.








I would like to share with you my personal story of how I managed and recovered from diabetes gestational.

Remembering my efforts of trying to understand and get as many details as possible to find an answer for my doubts directed me into writing and sharing all I know about diabetes gestational.

Three years ago, during my pregnancy, I came to know that I had diabetes gestational. However, there are few subtle symptoms, which I did not particularly notice that help to diagnose diabetes gestational in its early stage.

Here, In this site: the-diabetes-gestational.com the-diabetes-gestational.com I will give clear information about the causes and risks of Diabetes Gestational. The information is written in simple language, easy to read and leads the reader step by step to acquire knowledge of prevention, note the symptoms and know which questions to ask your physician.

No comments:

Post a Comment