Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Medifast - The Pros And Cons - A Quick Medifast Diet Plan Review

I've been on Medifast since late September and feel that I am qualified to review the pros and cons of this weight loss program. I am also the author of the "How To Get More Out Of Medifast" E-book. Here are what I feel are the pros and cons:

Pros: Medifast is easy, convenient, and relatively inexpensive. You're provided a wide variety of prepackaged, convenient foods like varied oatmeals, puddings, soups, stews, chilis, eggs, shakes, protein bars, crackers, lattes, cappuccinos, etc. You use these foods to eat five small "medifast meals" throughout the day and you eat one substantial "lean and green" meal which you prepare yourself. This can be as simple as lean meat with a generous side of veggies. (Hint: A George Foreman grill and prepackaged salads and veggies makes this easy and convenient.) For the most part, this program is grab and go. I average about $8 - $10 per day on this program and I take advantage of coupons. I find the Medifast food to be pretty darn tasty and to be by far the best I've tried.

The standout thing for me though is that Medifast has been effective for me. I've lost about 40 pounds and I don't feel I've had to make huge sacrifices.

Cons: Depending on your personality, you may wish to take advantage of some additional recipes. Some people get by just fine using the foods that Medifast provides, but some more creative individuals have even developed additional possibilities by changing up the foods. For example, the oatmeal can be made into muffins or cookies and different sugar free and low calorie additions can be added to the drinks, cappuccinos and shakes to make some really awesome, over-the-top treats. If you're easily bored or like more adventurous foods, it's totally possible to accommodate this , but that would require a touch more preparation on your part.

I feel the pros of Medifast far outweigh the cons, but if you're someone who loves to cook and prides yourself on making elaborate meals, then you'll need to really get creative with your lean and green meal (which can be done) or you can create or seek out additional Medifast recipes. I hope this has helped.








To instantly read Lindsey's

No comments:

Post a Comment