Thursday, May 2, 2013

Medifast Diet Plan - Overview And Review

I've lost over 65 pounds on Medifast so I feel pretty qualified to write a review of this diet. My goal is to give you an accurate idea of what you can expect if you chose this plan.

Medifast is technically a meal replacement program. This means that you will replace most of what you typically eat with the plan's prepackaged foods. Most people are on the five plus one option which means that you eat six times per day.

Of those six meals, five of them will be the diet food. You will prepare one large meal yourself. This is called the "lean and green meal," but it really consists of lean protein and fruits and veggies of your choosing.

There are about 70 food options from the program. A lot of people mistakenly think that Medifast consists only of shakes and protein bars. This just isn't true. These options are popular choices, but you can also choose eggs, oatmeals, soups, stews, chili, puddings, lattes, cappuccinos, fruit drinks and crackers, to name only a few.

I find the food to be pretty decent, but I also add fat free syrups to the shakes, oatmeals, and puddings. I really like caramel and cherry. I also add fat free cheese, sour cream, and salsa to the soup, chili, and stew.

I am not particularly picky about food so I get by just fine. However, if you enjoy preparing and consuming elaborate meals, this program is probably not for you, unless you can obtain most of your gratification from your lean and green meal or from the additions that you may chose to add.

The food is designed to be low calorie and high protein. Luckily though, there are a lot of dessert type and snack foods that ensure you don't always realize this. The plan works by putting your body in ketosis which means it tricks your system into burning it's own fat. You don't physically feel anything from this, but there are strips that you can buy to make sure that you are in this state. Ketosis is supposed to diminish cravings and in my experience this is true most times, but not always.

I find the price pretty reasonable ($8-$10 per day). There are always coupons and most of your food is included. I personally find that the program has actually saved me money because I no longer splurge on treats and junk.

Without a doubt, the best thing about the plan is it's effectiveness. The average is supposedly 2-3 pounds per week, but I have found this to be higher. I do try to incorporate regular exercise into my routine. In my experience, this plan does reward your efforts with pretty quick and steady weight loss.

The number of pounds that I lose each week varies, but I always lose something. Sometimes it is only a little, but sometimes it is quite a bit. Every pound has added up to bring me down several inches and clothing sizes. I look like a completely different person and can sincerely say I would do it over again as this has been the only program that has worked for me.








Lindsey Price is the author of the free ebook "Getting The Most Out Of Medifast," which contains coupons, recipes, and tips. To get a free copy (immediate download / no information required), geniefrancisdietreview.blogspot.com/search/label/Free%20Medifast%20Ebook click here. You can also visit her diet review website at geniefrancisdietreview.blogspot.com geniefrancisdietreview.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment