Thursday, December 27, 2012

Increased Awareness with an Easy Low Carbohydrate Diet Plan

Have you ever made changes in your life, and then when you went back to your old ways it affected you far more? I had an experience of this recently.

I went on a diet with no high glycemic foods like sugar, bread, pasta, or potatoes, and high in fruits, vegetables and seeds. I relished in the psychological knowledge that I my body was being pumped full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, essential fats, and superfoods without the erratic blood sugar levels...

No Changes?

However, I did not notice a particular physical effect. I could not really notice that I felt any better. I even discussed with several of my friends about how changing my diet just does not make me feel any better. I put this down to the fact that my diet was already relatively healthy, so I assumed that although it was a change, this new way of eating just didn't affect me. After all, I very thin and feel healthy anyway.

Then one night I decided to have Mexican food... A burrito with beans and vegetables stuffed in an organic flour tortilla with some rice and guacamole. It was absolutely delicious. However, I felt so full afterwards, full in a way that I hadn't experienced in ages. I wasn't bloated, just really stuffed.

But here is the funny thing. 20 minutes later I was in the kitchen eating some more. I actually had another half burrito!

Then about an hour later I noticed myself dreaming of something sweet. The two weeks I had been on the diet with loads of raw vegetables and low carbs, my sweet tooth would have easily been satisfied with some figs, apricots or dates.

Not this night. I really noticed that it was starchy sugar food that I craved. Fruit just wasn't going to cut it! I gave into temptation and a few squares of dark chocolate.

In my previous life (only a few months ago) I would have considered this a pretty healthy dinner. Now I noticed that I was having a reaction to it. It was making my blood sugar levels go out of control... or maybe I was just more aware of how it made me feel. It was if the goal post had changed.

Getting Tuned In

For me it so goes to show that when we make positive changes in our lives, we become more sensitive and able to notice subtleties that wouldn't have seemed so profound before. Maybe my blood sugar would have been imbalanced but I wouldn't have noticed it so acutely. Or perhaps I would have grabbed the chocolate without thinking.

We are like frogs. Apparently, if you place a frog in a frying pan, they will jump out. However, if they are on a cold frying pan and you slowly heat it up, they will just carry on frying until they die.

In this way, when we are eating junk, the body adapts as much as it can (until it goes into overload and becomes exhausted, overweight, and ill). Think of how many people eat completely toxic food all the time with no nutrients. If you eat even a moderately healthy diet, you would probably notice how awful you if you mirrored their diet far more than they do.

As we make changes that increase our physical and mental health, we become more in tuned with our bodies and are more sensitive to subtle changes and sensations. We begin to notice our bodies reacting in ways that might have seemed normal before, and our awareness of the messages that our bodies give us increases.








RaiseLibido.com [raiselibido.com] The best tips to increase libido and have a vibrantly energetic sex life.

younglivingguide.com DefyAgeNaturally.com The world's most up to date scientific research on how to stay young naturally in both mind, body and spirit.

Sheryl Walters is an experienced holistic health expert.

No comments:

Post a Comment